Our assessment process is quite simple:
1. You provide us with the names and addresses of your finalist(s) for a position.
2. We learn about the positions and send them a battery of assessment instruments. We typically suggest an ASAP™ packet for entry level to middle-management positions and an ASAP™ Enhanced packet for senior level positions. The assessment instruments measure more than 50 dimensions (with ASAP™) and 100 dimensions (with ASAP™ Enhanced), including:
- Dominant and Recessive Temperaments (foundation on which personality forms)
- Dominant Personality Traits
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Vector/Valence (ability to align and influence)
- Communication Style
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Delegation and Coaching Skills
- Information Processing
- Self Motivators
- Probing Ability
3. The candidate(s) complete the ASAP™ or ASAP™ Enhanced instruments and return them to us for scoring and analysis.
4. We send you the candidate’s Personal Assessment Portfolio and set up a time to debrief you by phone on the results.
5. We spend about an hour with you, providing a multidimensional view of the candidate, answering such questions as:
- How will the individual relate to superiors, peers, subordinates, and others already on the team?
- What is the candidate’s management style and how will it match your company’s culture?
- What are the candidate’s dominant strengths and weaknesses?
- Can the candidate develop, adjust, influence, and lead?
- Does this individual have any potential baggage that could damage their success?
- Can this individual manage conflict, be self-directed, and get results?
- Are there any unique characteristics that should be further explored through interview questions, background checks, etc.?
ASAP™ and ASAP™ Enhanced are certainly among our most popular products, and will in most cases meet your pre-hire assessment needs. However, there are some cases where clients like to actually see a candidate “in action” before hiring them, particularly if they are senior-level executives, individuals who will be controlling major corporate dollars for you, or serving in a role that could significantly impact your culture. In these cases, we might recommend Assessment Plus™, a full assessment center approach, where we recreate the work environment and have the candidate perform in our Executive Simulator™, located here at the Bartell Center for Executive Assessment and Development.