If you have any questions about your data, please contact us.
We are committed to data stewardship principles. The information you provide will be collected and stored in our secure database for the purpose of communicating with you, compiling your assessment results, and where applicable, sharing your results with the organization for which you are completing an assessment. Your personal information will not be sold, rented, or provided to any other third party by Bartell without your expressed permission, except as provided herein and as required by law.
Bartell & Bartell, Ltd. is a corporation headquartered at: 432 Rolling Ridge Drive, Suite 4, State College, PA 16801. Bartell & Bartell (“Bartell”) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our constituents.
Anonymity and Confidentiality of Data
The anonymity and confidentiality of data collected via Bartell’s Services vary by client and by the specific service being provided. Often it is necessary to share personally identifiable information with our client to provide the contracted services they requested. If you have questions as to whether the information you provide is anonymous or confidential, please contact your organization for clarification, or contact us at: email@example.com.
Data and Record Retention
Bartell will retain personal data including data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as it is needed to provide services to its Clients. Bartell will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. As the majority of data collected are in electronic format, most records are retained indefinitely.
Disclosure of personal information
Bartell attempts to maintain the confidentiality of individuals who use our services, however, there are events that can result in the disclosure of user information. Bartell may disclose personal information in the following events:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When it is believed in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect others’ safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Bartell is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, users will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices users may have regarding their personal information.
- To any other third party for whom users or clients have given prior consent.
- To clients that we have entered into a business agreement with to process and present individual information to, for instance for assessment debriefs, or product interpretations.
Changes To This Policy
Product and Service Specific Policies:
Several of our products and services have additional or slightly modified privacy policies from our other products and services. These services and their policies are listed in this section. If a product or service is not listed here, it can be expected to have the same policies as found in the remainder of this document.
- Lyte, or Lytebot, is an application available through the Slack App Directory that allows Administrators and Team Owners using the product Slack to ask survey questions to their team.
- Data Collection:
- Lyte may collect the following information from Lyte users:
- User email addresses.
- User passwords for the Lyte administration section.
- Usernames for the Lyte administration section.
- Questions responses from Lyte users.
- Lyte may collect the following information from Lyte users:
- Data Sharing and usage:
- Data, including question responses, collected by Lyte will be aggregated into result reports and shared with Slack Team Administrators and Team Owners. These result reports include averaged group responses, verbatim text responses, and trending results, among others.
- No user information collected by Lyte will be shared with any third party.
- No user information will be used for any marketing purposes unless a user agrees to such outreach from Bartell.
- All Responses to questions asked through Lyte Direct Message channels are intended to be confidential and not viewable by other users or Slack Administrators.
- However, do the nature of technology, the confidentially of questions responses cannot be guaranteed. If a user includes identifying information in open-ended response questions, or if the security of a user’s account or the Slack or Lyte system is compromised, there is a possibility information will become available to other parties.
- Data Storage and Protection:
- To help secure user data, access to all data is password protected and stored in a secure database. Bartell takes great care to protect user privacy and to secure the data that is stored on our servers. Bartell employs IT professionals who implement the technical and organizational security during development and operations. Bartell takes measures to protect user data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, manipulation, or destruction.
- To protect the data stored on Bartell servers, Bartell regularly audits its systems for possible vulnerabilities to attacks. Additionally, user data is stored redundantly at multiple locations in our hosting provider’s data centers to ensure availability. However, do the nature of the internet, no network is a 100% secured environment. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Assessment & Research Data
Bartell’s goal is to improve the quality of teams and organizations through research, education, and the dissemination of knowledge and implementation of assessments and diagnostics. As part of this effort, Bartell gathers research data on both organizations and people. These data are then analyzed and the results are used by Bartell and may be published in summary form in reports designed for wide circulation. By providing personal data to Bartell, users agree that we may use that data to deliver the requested service and communicate information regarding Bartell-related programs, products, and services in which they may be interested.
Since the organizations and people who participate in our training programs and other activities represent valuable sources for research data, the information collected from them is stored in Bartell databases and may become a part of a research project. Bartell has a strong commitment to protect the rights, privacy, and dignity of every person who participates in these activities.
Access to Data Controlled by our Clients
In many cases, Bartell collects information under the direction of its Clients and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to Bartell’s Client (the data controller). If the Client requests Bartell to remove the data, a response will be provided within 30 business days of their request.
Services and e-Commerce Data
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Bartell’s Web sites, including BartellBartell.com, Leadershipflightschool.com, and Applos.com. By providing Bartell with personal data through its Web sites, clients and users agree that their data may be used to render requested services and provide information on new programs, products, services, and offerings.
People who are contacted by Bartell are provided with a means of updating their information or informing Bartell that they would not like to receive such information through an “opt-out” process.
In all cases where financial data is collected, it is solely for billing purposes and is collected using secure transmission technology.
Information Request Forms
Bartell site information request forms require users to provide contact information (such as name and e-mail address). This customer contact information is used to send the user information about Bartell & Bartell, LTD. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the opt-out section below.
Bartell collects users’ contact information (such as name and e-mail address) and financial information (such as account or credit card number). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to its customers. Contact information is also used to get in touch with customers when necessary.
Registration Request Form
Bartell collects information necessary for registration in a program. This includes the user’s contact information (such as mailing address) and financial information (such as credit card number). Contact information from the order form is used for all necessary contact related to program attendance.
Online Feedback Surveys
From time to time, Bartell may post online surveys to ask visitors for opinions on leadership, Bartell service, product quality, or visitors’ needs. This information will be used internally to provide better service to Bartell clients. Any customer contact information collected would only be used to contact the visitor if necessary. Demographic and profile data may also be collected as the need arises, and would be used for internal reporting only.
With their consent, Bartell displays personal testimonials of satisfied customers on its sites, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, your testimonial along with your name may be posted. Any client wishing to update or delete a testimonial should contact Bartell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bartell sites and product websites are securely hosted off site by leading providers of web hosting solutions. Bartell has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of our sites. However, we cannot guarantee the security of third-party hosting providers.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
IP addresses allow Bartell to diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. IP addresses are used to gather broad demographic information for internal use only.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Bartell and its marketing partners, affiliates, analytics and online customer support provider. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about Bartell’s user base as a whole. Bartell may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most Web sites, Bartell gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. This automatically collected log information may combine with other information collected by Bartell. This is done to improve the services offered you, to improve marketing efforts, analytics, and site functionality.
Local Storage Objects (Flash/HTML5)
Bartell uses Local Shared Objects (LSOs) such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, please click here.
Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer
Bartell will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as necessary to fulfill order(s) for our goods and services and to validate your payment details.
In some cases, aggregate and/or anonymous information may be used for marketing, product development, strategic or research purposes directly associated with Bartell.
Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with Bartell Clients.
Bartell partners with a third party to either display advertising on its Web site or to manage advertising on other sites. This third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about user activities on this site and other sites in order to provide advertising based upon their browsing activities and interests. If it is desired to not have this information used for the purpose of being served interest-based ads, opt-out by clicking here. (Or, if located in the European Union, click here.) Please note that this does not opt one out of being served ads. They will continue to receive generic ads for Bartell products and services.
Social Media Widgets
Opt Out or Unsubscribe
Unsubscribe from Bartell Newsletters and other Communications
To update information in Bartell’s database(s), or to opt out of future marketing communications, please use one of the options below to submit the details of your request:
- Follow the Opt-out instructions on the email or communication
- E-mail email@example.com
- Contact Bartell via phone at: 814-861-6606 (Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM)
- Or Contact us at:
- 432 Rolling Ridge Drive, Suite 4, State College, PA 16801